Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Progress

I finally finished that wreath that I wrote about in the last post.  I put the finishing touches on it Saturday night.  I wanted to watch the Arkansas vs. LSU basketball game, but for some weird reason it wasn't on tv, and they wouldn't let us watch it online because it was blacked out.  I watched Miss America instead, but I can honestly say I would rather have watched a basketball game!  And of course, I can't remember which girl was from which state, but that girl in the evening gown with the big bow on the shoulder is out of her ever loving mind.  She looked like a big Christmas present.  I mean, I like a bow as much as the next girl, but it shouldn't be bigger than your head!!

Anyway, back to the wreath.  This is a picture of one of the flowers I made.


This is the wreath before I figured out how to hang it.  Excuse the toes in the picture- ha!


My sister told me it would look better if I covered it completely with roses.  That would take forever!  I made all but 2 of these while I watched Miss America.  It doesn't take complete concentration but it is a kind of tedious task.

Here it is hanging on the door.  I couldn't exactly figure out which ribbon to use.   I had a couple of smaller ribbons that I bought for another reason also, but I liked this thick one the best.


And of course, giving credit where it is due, I completely stole this idea from my friend Myra over at Delight in your Life.  We live in different states, so I figured it would be ok.. :)  As a result of this project, I have a new found love of yarn covered wreaths. 

I also cleaned like a maniac this weekend.  I had today off work, and it sure is a good thing, because I could barely move my right arm when I woke up this morning!  I cleaned for about 6 hours just in the kitchen yesterday.  I mean- appliances inside and out, walls, floor, cabinets, blinds.... If it was in there, it got cleaned.  I actually ran out of a bunch of my cleaning supplies.   I also got rid of some marks on the front and garage doors and my car door (which really kind of ticked me off since it got on there when they did a recall repair on my Rogue- at least it came off easily with a Magic Eraser).  I also caught up on all the laundry, cleaned the living and dining rooms and the floor of the entryway and the floor/stairs of the laundry room.  When I woke up this morning, I was seriously concerned about the pain in my right arm/shoulder.  It took me about an hour to figure out that it was a result of my excessive cleaning and not something serious.  I've been kind of slow today...

I finally got a street sign on my street.  The old one had been missing for probably five or six months and they finally replaced it.  I am glad because I'm having a wedding shower in about a month for my bff and it is alot easier for people to find your street if there is a sign....  I bought some stuff for a (hopefully) really cute wedding shower gift for my friend.  I'm not sure if she will read this or not, so I won't say what it is but after the shower is over, I will show a picture.  Or if you know me in real life, I will tell you some other way. :)

I had today off work, and because of my new work schedule, I will also have every other Friday off.  So this week I only have to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I am excited about having the Fridays off because I can do things when most other people are at work, so that there will be fewer people!  I made a GIGANTIC grocery list and I'm planning on making my first trip Friday morning and hopefully avoiding the crowd.  I have to get food for me, a friend who just recently had a baby, a Bible study meeting, and a super bowl party.  This is going to be an expensive trip.  However- I am trying 5 new recipes with the items I'm buying.  Hopefully all 5 will be a success:  Olive Garden Salad Dressing knock-off, smores cookies, chicken enchilada soup in the crockpot, rocky road crock pot cake, and chocolate chip cookie dough truffles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment