Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend Recap

This weekend was super busy, as usual.  Friday night, we had an event at my church where several 5th and 6th graders from different Methodist churches got together and we went trick or treating for UNICEF.  I don't know how much money we raised, but it was a good time.  People were kind of shocked I think when we showed up on their doorstep asking for donations.  A lot of people tried to give the kids candy.  Then Karen and Ashley came over to decorate.  Here are some of the decorations:
Saturday was a busy, busy day.  I ran all over town to some estate sales and garage sales and thrift stores looking for a table for my entryway.  Still no luck.  I did find one at an estate sale, but it was already sold.  I also had a few things to pick up at Sams.  After I got home I had to clean and start cooking for the Halloween party that night.  Here are some of the things I made:

A pumpkin cake (that was really carrot cake) and mummy dogs!  I thought the mummy dogs were especially cute, and super quick and easy to make!

All kinds of characters showed up to the party.  I was a band nerd, in case you can't tell.  Here are some of the other guests.



I had a visor as part of my costume too, but I took it off shortly after everyone got there because it was itchy and hot!!!  There were many other characters there too, but I failed to take a picture with everybody.

Last night I patiently waited for trick or treaters, but we ended up only having about 10-15.  I still have some candy left over.  I was trying to be very generous with passing out the candy so that I didn't have any leftover.  Oh well. I am sure it will get eaten.

I hope you had a good Halloween weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment