Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July weekend

I went with some of my family to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri over the 4th of July Weekend.  I left on Saturday and came back on Tuesday.  I had an okay time since going to the lake is not my favorite thing in the world.  Can you tell? Lol!

I did score some awesome deals at the outlet mall nearby.  I got a new purse, a pair of jeans, a pair of capris, 2 pairs of shorts, and two shirts.  Basically we only ate food that I don't like (shrimp, hot dogs, hamburgers, pork roast, etc- I am picky), so my diet consisted mainly of cookies, chips, pickles, and an occasional piece of watermelon.  It's a wonder that my new clothes still fit.

My brother tried to blow himself up with our fireworks and got stung by a wasp.  That probably wasn't his favorite day.

On the way home, we made a short detour (about an extra hour) to drive through Fayetteville to see some of our friends for lunch.  I got to see my friend Lyndsey who I haven't seen since Easter, when she made her big announcement that she is having a BABY!


So now I am back home, trying to recover from all the traveling and apparently sleeping on a bed that came with the lake house.  My grandmother's aunt owns the cabin, and she doesn't remember what year she bought the house- but we have a guest book and the first entry is from 1966- so the bed is at least from before 1966.  Lovely.  I'm thinking it might be time for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment