Thursday, July 26, 2012

June, Part 3 (Serious shopping)

The next day in Minneapolis, we spent 12 hours inside the Mall of America!  We pretty much showed up when the doors opened, and stayed until the amusement park closed.  It was crazy.  I of course did a ton of shopping- and ate 2 meals and a snack, got a massage, and rode roller coasters.

I don't really have any pictures of the shopping that day, but I got a lot of stuff.  We ate lunch at the food court, and dinner at a nice restaurant called Crave.  I had my first ever grilled salad:


These pictures from dinner are not the best because the lights were turned low for ambiance- and I was not about to embarrass myself with a flash!  This was a very nice (i.e. Expensive!!) restaurant inside the Mall!

This was my dinner.  I thought it was cute.  :)  Some kind of chicken (I can't exactly remember) made with a sauce with agave.  I was not crazy about the cold green beans, but the rest was delish!


After dinner, we decided to ride some rides in the amusement park.  There was a special since it was approaching closing time so we decided we should ride.


Here we are with our armbands!


The next day was our last day in Minneapolis.  We went to the American Swedish Institute.  Catherine is super into Sweden, so it was most entertaining for her, but there were some neat things there.  They are doing some major renovating, so I'm sure it will be much cooler when they are done.  I took this picture with this horse:

Who says you can't ride a horse in a dress??  Ha!  Definitely not the most lady-like picture!

After the Swedish Institute, we headed towards Catherine's house to spend the night.  We got up the next morning and drove to Kansas City to pick up my aunt, and then to NWA to drop off Andrea.  I got a really cute shirt from the Fayetteville visitor's center.  It was a little too small, but I can fit in it now since I have lost some more weight.  Woo!

All in all, it was a good trip.  I got to see new places, try new things, and see old friends! I drove all 2000 miles, so I was very glad to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment