Saturday, May 4, 2013

Hogeye Marathon

A couple of weeks after the Poker Run, I ran in the Capital City Classic 10k. It was a nice flat course and I beat my previous 10k time by a couple of minutes. It was a great race and I hope to do it again next year.

The following weekend, I went up to Fayetteville and ran in the relay of the Hogeye Marathon with three other girls. I had the last leg, which was supposed to be 6.7 miles and ended up being 7. That little bit normally wouldn't matter that much, except that Fayetteville is so hilly! The worst was at the end, right before the finish line, there was a giant hill that we had to climb. It was hard for me and I can't imagine how hard it was for the people who actually ran the whole marathon!

When I left for the race at 5:45 in the morning, it was dark so I didn't even think about sunscreen. I got so terribly sunburned! Next year, I will have to remember that for sure! I have a really random tan line, and the craziest thing was that i got sunburned around my chip timer! we had to wear a velcro strap around our leg so that we could all four share the chip timer. I learned a lot about how the relay works this time, so we would do much better next year. I had about 3.5 hours before my leg started so I went to Walmart to use the bathroom (better than a porta-potty) and then cheered for some of the 5k and half marathoners.

I ran into quite a few people that I hadn't seen in a long time, so that was fun. I wish I could have run a little faster, but overall I was definitely proud of our team!





No comments:

Post a Comment