Monday, April 18, 2011

Beth Moore event

So sorry that I have been slacking on the blogging.  I have been super busy and I just started a new job today, so hopefully things will settle down soon.  Also, I used to be able to blog at work, and I don't think I can do that now, so that might make blogging a little harder.

Anyway- Friday night and Saturday morning I was at an event at Verizon Arena to see this lady:

What do you mean you can't tell who that is?  haha.  I know the quality of the picture is not that great.  It is Beth Moore.  I had a good time but I thought the price was still a little steep!

Here's a picture of the stage:

Beth said that there were people there from 22 different states.  I couldn't believe that!  I certainly would not have come to Arkansas from places as far away as Alaska for this one event!

Here is a picture of me and my friends Shannon and Beth at the event..
Also, I got to drive the church van all the way there and back twice!  All in all, it was about 40 miles.  I think the farthest I have ever driven that big old thing is like 5 miles!  Hopefully I didn't scare anybody too bad!

The topic of the event was "Fulfilling your ministry in the Wild of Community".  I did take a couple of things away from it, but honestly I just thought that sometimes I get more out of those DVDs that we watch on Sunday evenings.  That being said, if she came again, I would probably go.  The message is different at each one, so I guess it just depends on if you can relate to what she is talking about.  I thought the music was pretty great.  The only thing is that sometimes they were singing old hymns (and even some newer stuff) and just assumed that everyone knew the words so they weren't on the screen.  Maybe they were not planned songs, and so the slides were not prepared?  All I know is that 99% of the time, my radio is tuned to a Christian station and there are a few rare Sundays that my rear is not in a pew at church, and there were a couple of those songs that I just did not know.  That is one thing that I wish would have been better.

She had seven points to her "sermon."  The first was to adopt a succinct life goal.  That is the thing that I most am going to focus on from the event. 

Well, I am exhausted from a long first day at work, so I am going to go to bed and leave the rest of the weekend events for another post!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! Have you picked a life goal yet or are you still thinking of what that is?

    ReplyDelete