Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3 Day weekend

I had a 3 day weekend this time!  Saturday, I went over to my grandmother's house to eat beans and ham, which we were supposed to eat last weekend, except the snow storm screwed that up.  (P.S. I hate ham!!) I did get a graduation present though, which I was not expecting since we were celebrating my grandmother and stepmom's birthdays.  I also watched the Hogs pull out a win against Alabama in basketball.  I did not go to that party that I was supposed to go to, so I had a bunch of leftover food.  I took the pecan pie bars to church and they went over pretty well.  I still need to eat or give away that pecan brittle.  I also watched Miss America.  Yay for Miss Arkansas getting 2nd place!

Sunday I went to church and then of course my sister thought that McDonalds was the perfect place for lunch.  We played a little Wii and then went to my house to watch a couple of movies and paint a piggy bank for littlest brother.  I did get to test out my new air mattress that I got for Christmas because my sister thought it was way cooler to sleep on the air mattress than in my bed.  It is almost as big as my queen sized bed and also almost as tall.

Luckily, Monday was a holiday and I had the day off.  I went to Charming Charlie and DSW where I got a new pair of shoes.  Then we met up with some others to eat at B Side, which ended up being closed, so we walked across the street to Igibon for lunch.  Then we went to see True Grit.  I liked it ok.  There was a little too much blood and shooting for me.  :)  That is not really my kind of movie.  I bought a huge coke (translation- it was really Mr. Pibb) and a popcorn, which set me back $12!  It ended up at about $20 for the movie and snacks, which I guess is not too bad.  Then we went to a local toy store that is having a going out of business sale.  The owners are retiring, and so everything is discounted.  We got some pretty good deals.  I went home for a short while, and then had to go back out to handbells practice.  I am glad that some activities are starting back up.  I like to stay busy!  :)

I'm also going to try to remember to go sign up for that last cake decorating class that I am going to take.  That will be one more thing that I can cross off my 30 before 30 list!  (on which I plan to do an update soon...)

This is another slow week for me at work, boo.  Also, I got called for jury duty.  another boo.  :)

Tomorrow starts up our 5th and 6th grade program at church, and I'll be glad to see those crazy kids again. Always an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. I want to take a cake decorating class too. I know I could pick up some helpful hints for making my kids b-day cakes. Popcorn and soda sounds so good to me right now.
    Jennifer
    www.bigdandme.com

    ReplyDelete