Friday, January 14, 2011

New table and Desserts

So I can't believe I forgot to blog about this....

I have been looking for a table/dresser/something to go in my entryway ever since I moved into my house about 9 months ago.  I didn't have a lot of money to spend, so I was looking on craigslist and at garage and estate sales.  I couldn't find anything in a store that I liked enough to shell out that much cash.  Then, my mom scored this awesome chest thing off of freecycle.  It was an unfortunate light wood color that is just not my style, and so we painted it black.  I also went to get some new drawer pulls from Home Depot, and I am so glad that I did.  I love these!  Here's the finished product (forgot to take a before shot):

                                

Good as new!  I also love all the storage that I have in there now.  Especially since I have 28 (Yes, I just went and counted them) rolls of wrapping paper in the hall closet.  (And that's not counting my other stash under my bed- I think I have a problem.  Maybe I should go on that weird addictions tv show.)  The closet has been my catch all, so now I have some more storage for some of those things.

Also, I got invited to a party tomorrow night, and my friend Cherry suggested that I bring some cookies.  I didn't want to venture out to the grocery store in my pajamas, so I decided to see what I could whip up only using ingredients that I already had.  I am not good at making things up, and I always have to use a recipe.  So after a little researching, I found out that I already had everything necessary to make pecan brittle and pecan pie bars.  Not cookies, but I think it will be ok.  Beggars can't be choosers, right??  It was good too, because I used up all my pecans and corn syrup.  I always buy things for one specific use and then never can think of something to do with the rest of it.  I am glad I wasn't wasteful this time!  I would take a picture, except that my camera is dead.  Oh well.  The pecan brittle is pretty good- a little thicker than I would have liked, but it is ok.  I haven't tried the pecan pie bars, but I am hoping they are good!  I love pecan pie and this recipe was really easy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this piece of furniture - not that you want to but you could sell it for a good chuck of change. It's beautiful.
    Jennifer
    www.bigdandme.com

    ReplyDelete