Thursday, October 4, 2012

August... two months later

Are you seeing the theme here?  Wait FOREVER before you post about what you did ages ago??

Anyway- August.

Facebook is telling me that my most visited place in August was the doctor's office.  How's that for exciting.  Ha!

Y'all- ok so I am reliving some scary stuff on my facebook right now.  There was this really creepy wasp that was stalking me.  I'm not really a fan of bugs/insects/whatever a wasp is.  And this crazy thing was parked right outside my bedroom door, trying to attack me whenever I went out.   I was doing laundry and so I have to leave my room a couple of times, but luckily he didn't get me.  I had to turn out the hall light and so I rigged up a hanger to reach the light switch to keep as much of my body inside my bedroom as possible.  Then the next morning when I left for work, he was still sitting there right outside my door waiting to get me.  I've never made it out the door so fast. Ha!  I stopped by the store that day and got some wasp spray, and he hasn't been seen again.  Now that I am armed with my wasp spray, I'll be ready if he should ever come back.  :)

I made some cheddar tomato soup, and dumped it all in my bed.  Smart, right?

A strip of grass in my dad's neighborhood caught on fire behind his house (and 5 others).  It was a crazy time.  No damage to anything but grass and a fence, thank goodness.  But it was definitely scary.  An electrical pole sparked and caused the fire.

I started watching Honey Boo Boo- and so did several others in my office.  We had some interesting conversations every Thursday morning...  (and I'm totally going to be Honey Boo Boo for Halloween.  Hopefully I can find my old prom dress!)

I chaperoned a group of kids to Wild River Country.  It was not nearly as chaotic as I thought it would be.  It was kind of a trip down memory lane since we would go there all the time with my daycare when I was a kid in the summers.

I got in my first real accident.  Luckily there was not much damage and everyone was fine.  Unfortunately it happened at the exit from the church parking lot right after church got out.  So practically everyone saw it...  I had to get a new front license plate, but other than that, not too bad.

I used a port-a-potty for the first time in my adult life.  I was running on the trail behind my office, and I decided that I couldn't make it back to my car, so I had to tough it out.  That was a terrible, nasty experience that I hope to not repeat for a very long time.  Even at Riverfest. 

I made a very quick trip to Fayetteville so my cousin to have a campus tour of the University of Arkansas, my alma mater.  It is always fun to be in Fayetteville.  It was also bid day for sororities, so we went up and I got to see some of my sorority sisters that I haven't seen in a while.

<>  First.  Finest.  Forever.  <>

Glittery, chevron, pink.  Perfect letters.  Ha!

We went to the Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville.  I'm not a big fan of paintings and such, but I like to look as sculptures. This one reminded me of pinnochio.

 
I finally got some Razorback running shorts that I was wanting.  And they were even 25% off, which is even better!
 
I started playing this year's fantasy football league at my office.  I have only won one game, so I think I am going to be the laughing stock.  :)  Oh well, it is all for fun right?  Hopefully I will win this week, because the girl I am playing has an even worse record than me.  :)
 
I officially lost 20 pounds.  You have no idea how happy I am about that.  Unfortunately, I really haven't lost much more than that now.  But every little bit counts.  I got my calories recalculated today, and although that stinks because I have to be even more cautious of what I eat, I know that it will help the weight keep coming off.  I would like to lose 15 more pounds if possible.  Already I can tell a big difference in how I feel and how my blood work has improved.  And once football season is over, it will be easier to lose I think!  I am not counting calories on the weekends because I refuse to not eat tailgating food or game day food.  And there is more to life than calorie counting...  I am over my calories today, and not just a little.  We went out to dinner to Pei Wei to celebrate my birthday, and I ate what I wanted.  Who cares?  :) 
 
Anyway, that was August.  September's coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment