Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Festivities

The first "fall" activity that I did was go to the Arkansas State Fair!  I really didn't want to go, but my mom wanted to see Kansas.  Obviously calorie counting was thrown out the window on fair day.  First up was dinner- loaded cheese fries.  Delicious.  Look at all the grease... ha!

Then for dinner- a Red Velvet Funnel Cake.  And a hot chocolate- because it was freaking cold!

 
I was dissapointed in the funnel cake- it reminded me of a bandaid.  I think the idea of a funnel cake was much better than the real thing.  The cream cheese icing on it was pretty good.
 
Here's a really bad picture of Kansas.
 
 
Then, I went to a Pumpkin Patch about 45 minutes away.  It was really awesome (and I got a great deal on DealChicken), except for the fifty million bees that were hanging around the food area.  Aparently bees really like snow cones.  Here I am in the pumpkin patch.
 
 
Two of the pumpkins we got:
 
 
The pumpkin that my sister designed (and I carved):
 
 
The pumpkin I carved for my brother:
 
 
There was a small crisis with this pumpkin, which was for the party at his school.  I accidentally busted out the bottom of the "H" when I was carving.  I finally got some toothpicks in there so that I could get everything back in place, but I was freaking out for a few minutes. 
 
My Sunday School class had a Halloween party.  I made these pretzels with a Hug and candy corn melted on there.  It was amazing.  I got the idea from Pinterest of course.
 
 
I also made these witch fingers (chocolate covered pretzels).  The fingernail was made from an almond. I got this idea from Pinterest also.  I think they turned out great.
 
 
The only thing that I didn't like about how they turned out was the knuckles.  I tried to draw the knuckles on with a toothpick right after I got done dipping all of them, and it was too runny to set.  So I put them in the fridge for a while- and when I got them out, they were too hard and the toothpick wouldn't even make a mark in the chocolate.
 
This was my costume: Honey Boo Boo!
 
 
My mom refashioned my old prom dress to make it shorter and fluffier.  And I wrote Honey Boo Boo on my sash just in case people didn't know who I was.  I borrowed a pig from my friend's daughter to be Glitzy the pig, and my mom made Glitzy a tutu.  My grandmother rolled my hair in foam rollers and I had som crazy curly hair.  The crown was fabulous... but I lost it in the mud run.  I was too tired to deal with my hair after the party, so I decided to leave it that way for the run.  Here I am- Half Mud Runner, Half Honey Boo Boo!
 
 
This is me, Shannon, and Casey before the run:
 
 
And here we are after the run (with Kathy now):
 
 
The Mud Run was super fun.  I did not know that there was also mud at the beginning- I thought there was only the mud at the end.  Also there was a hay bale obstacle.  I did not do as well in the running as I had hoped.  I have a lot more training to do before the 10K in March!  At the end, the mud pit had a mud mountain that we had to climb.  The guys helping us climb the mountain also conveniently helped us slide face first down the mountain.  That is where I got the messiest.  And then my foot got stuck in the mud.  Like all the way to my knee stuck in the mud.  That was hilarious.  I was pulling my leg from under my thigh and one of my friends got a hold by my knee and it took us quite a while to pull me out.  I had a good time and I think I will take my sister next year.
 
The mud run was at 9:00 in the morning, and the Razorbacks were taking on Ole Miss on the complete opposite side of town at 11:21.  So I rushed home from the Mud Run and took a shower and then hurried to the game.  I made it there about 1/3 through the first quarter.  I was exhausted so the game was not as fun as usual. And then the Hogs lost at the last second.  It was sad.
 
And I forgot the sunscreen.  This is what happened:
 
Raccoon eyes.  Awesome. 
 
Does Honey Boo Boo have raccoon eyes?  Because I'm dressing up again on Wednesday for work... and this is what my face looks like.  Even with a ton of makeup on, you can still see the sunburn.  Oh well.  The life of having fair skin.  This is the second bad sunburn I have had in two weeks.  You would think I would learn my lesson...

No comments:

Post a Comment