Monday, October 22, 2012

The Color Run- Memphis style

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the Color Run in Memphis with my friends Shannon and Kathy.
 
Here we are waiting at the start line.  It wasn't really crowded at this point, but it filled up fast.  We were a little early- like 2 hours early. :)  Between myself and Shannon, we were not going to be late.  We had to get there early to pick up our race packets, and we severely overestimated the number of people who would also be getting their packets.
 

We took a picture right after we finished the race.  We finished in about 34ish minutes (give or take since we forgot to look at the clock when we finished until after we had a water break), so I was proud of us.  Not too shabby, especially since I was not where I wanted to be in my training.
 
After the race, there was a color festival.  That is where I definitely got the most colorful.  Here's an action shot-  I was trying to take a video but obviously that didn't happen.
 
 
This is what my face looked like when we got back to the hotel:
 
 
It took about 3 showers before I finally got all the color off of my skin.  My shoes still are a little colored, but just enough that they look dingy.  :/  Oh well. 
 
The water stations at the race were very interesting to me.  They had a hose connected to the fire hydrants, and then into these ice chests (I'm thinking a filter maybe?) and then into the dispenser.  It was neat.  The first cup I had was tasty- but then the second cup tasted like a cup full of chlorine.   Luckily by the end of the race, I think all the kinks had been worked out and it tasted fine when we really needed the water.
 
The Color Run is coming to Little Rock soon, and I haven't decided if I am going to do it again or not.  It was a super fun time in Memphis, but it also was very tiring.  I'm sure the one in Little Rock would not be as bad since I would not have to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back, and also we wouldn't have to be rushed to get checked out of the hotel in time.  We got to the race 2 hours early and then stayed for a while afterward for the color festival.  So I haven't made up my mind yet, but I am glad that the Color Run is coming to Little Rock so all of my friends who couldn't make the trip to Memphis are able to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment