Here's the recipe for the mushroom bolognese:
1lb rigatoni (or other pasta- I had a box of penne so that is what I used)
10 baby carrots
1 medium onion, quartered
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
5 oz sliced shiitake mushrooms
1 1/4 lb ground turkey
1/2 cup white wine (I substituted chicken broth because they don't sell just 1/2 cup of wine, and I wouldn't drink the rest)
1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced
26oz marinara sauce
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water as directed.
2. Meanwhile put carrots and onion in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add carrots, onion and mushrooms; cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 4 minutes or until almost tender.
This is what it looked like at this stage. And let me tell you, it smelled wonderful!!
4. Add turkey and cook, breaking up clumps, 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in wine and squash; boil 1 minute.
After squash. Notice that I now have a different pan. Apparently my "large" skillet was not large enough....
5. Stir in marinara sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes or until squash is tender. Pour over drained pasta; toss to mix.
This recipe even gave nutrition info per serving: 550 cal, 29g protein, 5 g fiber, 14 g fat. It also says that it is about $1.60 per serving. Not sure if I agree with that after going to the grocery store to get all of this stuff, but whatever. :)
Now for the Buttered Sugar Snaps and Green Peas
1lb sugar snap peas
10oz frozen green peas
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Bring a large skillet half full of lightly salted water to a boil. Add snap peas and green peas. Return to boil; boil 1 minute or until snap peasa are crisp-tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
2. Melt butter in same skillet. Add snap peas, green peas, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until hot. Remove to serving bowl.
The final product.
Yay for dinner!
And this is what my kitchen looked like after all of this:
All of this was from cooking just these two things. I think next time I need to plan a little better....