Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Fun

This weekend was a good mix of fun and doing nothing!

Friday I went to eat at Krazy Mike's Shrimp and Wings.


I had the chicken strips, which were pretty good.  I also went to JCPenney, where I scored a new shirt and some onesies for a baby present.  I went to Walgreens, and I got some pretty exciting stuff : toilet paper and deoderant.  Obviously I am not loving the make your own deoderant thing.  I also went to Michaels, where I got some scrapbook paper.  We are going to have a girls' craft night soon with the girls in my Sunday School class and we are going to make coasters.  I got 4 different patterns that are really cute!  I am excited to try my hand at something crafty.  :)

Saturday, Larissa and I went to the "rocketship park" and played for about an hour before we decided it was too hot and we should go home to play in the water hose... (my sneaky idea for making watering the grass and bushes fun!)  This is the awesome rocketship:

It would have been fun to have some other friends there to play as well, but they all were smart enough not to get out in this heat.  I think we are going to plan another time for everyone to get together with the kids and play here once it cools down some.  They also have an old traincar to play on.

It was not as fun as we thought though, since you can't go inside the car. There were lots of other things at this park.  Apparently I played there a lot when I was little, but I don't remember this.

As I already said, after about an hour, we decided that we couldn't take it anymore, and we went to my house to play in the water hose/water the grass and bushes.  The bushes aren't looking really great.  This heat has really been getting to them.  At least I looked at the weather forecast for the next 10 days and it did not show any 100's!  The highest was 98 so that is a good break!  I think the biggest bush is most definitely dead, but I am hoping that it will come back.  My mom had one of those bushes that she cut off at the ground because she thought it was dead, and it came back, so I am hoping that will happen with mine.

We went to eat at Cheeburger Cheeburger.  I had a gift certificate that I bought off of one of my new favorite websites: Groupon!


I had the turkey burger with guacamole, tomato and lettuce, and an oreo mint shake that was just heavenly.  I used to not like Cheeburger Cheeburger, but I think I have changed my mind.  :)  We also went to Old Navy because I had a coupon, but I have not been very happy recently with our Old Navy store.  It has gotten smaller and I think there are less options now.  I was going after this cute dress I saw online, but of course they didn't have it.  I guess I'll just have to order online.

Saturday night, I went to eat at Johnny Carino's (I just realized that I ate out every meal except one this weekend... oh well it was good.) with some friends and then went to see Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts.  This movie was not as good as I expected.  I loved the book, but the movie was just so-so.  It was not the best movie I've seen lately, but not the worst one either.

Sunday I went to church and then ate a quick lunch at home (my one meal at home this weekend) and then Cherry and I were going to see our friend's new kitten.  During all of our planning, we forgot to check with our friend and see if she was going to be home.... so when we called to say we were on our way, she didn't answer.  We decided to go to the mall (where she works), and guess what!  Our friend happened to be working.  Very poor planning on our parts.  However, Cherry and I did do some damage at the mall.  I got a skirt from PINK at Victoria's Secret, and 2 shirts from Banana Republic.  Then I had a meeting at church and when I got out I met my mom, brother, and grandmother at Dixie Cafe for dinner.

It was a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment