Sunday, October 2, 2011

Baby Shower

Back in September ( I know, I know), I hosted a baby shower with Lydia for our friend Lyndsey.  We had a fun time celebrating baby Graham!

I started out on Friday night making the cupcakes and cookies.   Also please notice the GIANT to-do list....  I guess I am more OCD than I thought.  I had specific things planned out to do each day starting with Tuesday before the Saturday shower.

Also please notice the insane amount of bananas!  I had a recipe for banana mousse.  It was good, but I only used 1/2 of the bananas called for in the recipe, and obviously this has a ton of bananas in it!  Also mine was not nearly as pretty as the one in the picture on the recipe, but here it is:

These are some of the desserts.  The round cookies have a "G" on them for Graham, and the other weird shaped ones are onesies.  We aren't going to have a close-up, since my decorating on the cookies was sub-par, but they were tasty!


We had a bunch of leftover cupcakes and cookies, so I took them to church on Sunday and said the cookies were G for God. ha!  That was Lydia's idea and it made me laugh!  Oh and also that 3 tier thing that the cookies are on- yeah.  How long do you think it should take an engineer to put that together?!?  I felt so dumb when I figured out that I had the black part upside down! haha!

Here's an up close view of the vanilla cupcakes.  They were blue since it was a baby boy shower- duh.  And I made little blue vanilla candy razorbacks for the top of the cupcakes since Lyndsey is such a big Razorbacks fan and it was also a game day.  This was my first time to use my Razorback candy mold and I think they turned out cute!

And this is a close-up of the chocolate cupcakes.  I just love those pearl sprinkles!

This was the punch.  I found these ducks at Target and thought they were so cute!

This was the fireplace.  The bags each have a letter on them to spell out "Baby Shower" and each has a gift inside corresponding to the letter on the bag.  I love this game!


I made this sign to hang on the front door.  It was fun to make and I think it is super cute!

Here is a picture of me and the guest of honor!


Me with my friends Ashley and Cherry:

I would say the shower was a success!  There were not a ton of people there, but enough that we had a good time and the house was not super crowded.  Baby Graham got a lot of stuff!  Can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. It was an awesome shower!! Everything was so cute (and tasty)! I loved it; you're a great friend, Jessica! I can't wait for you to meet Graham either. : )

    ReplyDelete