Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 2013

I'm going to go ahead and post on January even though the month is not quite over.  Nothing too exciting should be going on in the next 4 days.  I am working at a breakfast fundraiser at my office, but that should go smoothly...

We had another freak snow/ice storm.  Really it was mostly ice.  Everyone freaked, and schools were cancelled and businesses closed.  Except mine- for some reason we had to stay until the traffic was especially crazy before we could leave.  My neighborhood is pretty hilly, so I think my blood pressure was through the roof, but I made it home just fine.  No major drama- but I am so grateful that I bought the 4-wheel drive version of my car.  Snow days are not good since I have to cross over the river to get home and also have so many hills to deal with. 

I started back with my running and Zumba since I had a month long break due to holiday craziness and a broken tailbone.  The doctor told me I had to take it easy for 2 weeks, but in reality I waited about 2.5 weeks.  I made it through my first couple of runs, even though it was a little sore.  I have been running on the treadmill due to the weather, but Friday I was able to get to the Big Dam Bridge for a run.  My favorite running spot, Two Rivers Park, is still closed because of a sink hole I think, so I had to drive a little farther.  (You can see the Big Dam Bridge from Two Rivers, so in reality it is not that far... just a minor inconvenience.  Although, the trail is longer over at the BDB, so that is good since I am running longer now.)

I tried to make some pancakes out of 2 eggs and a banana.  Thanks Pinterest... NOT!  That was the nastiest thing ever- definitely couldn't even choke it down.  That went straight to the trash.  Fortunately Pinterest redeemed itself and I found out about making "ice cream" from frozen bananas.  I added some Nutella to mine and it was delicious!  I will definitely be making that again!

We started a weight loss competition at my office.  I am super excited.  I am not really in it to win the money, although it would be nice- there are alot of people in the competition.  Everyone is really supportive of each other and it is certainly more fun.  We do have to pay a penalty if we gain any weight in between weigh-ins, and I certainly don't want to pay any more money, so that is more motivation to stick with it.  I have decided that Sundays are my cheat day, but I am pretty strict with my calories the other days.  I have also been doing better with bringing my lunch, which helps with calories and money!

My sorority alumni association here in Central Arkansas got together at Santo Coyote the other day.  Um, hello- New favorite Mexican restaurant!!!

My sister and I were invited to the zoo today with my friend Ashley and her family.  They have some fun cut-out things in the children's area.  Ashley is the squirrel and I am the boy...

 
It was everything I remembered about the zoo...stinky!  I have never really been a fan of the zoo.  I mean, some animals are cute, but they stink.  There was a 5 month old monkey that was pretty cute.  The penguins were neat too.  

The medal designs were released for the Little Rock Marathon.  This is the 10K medal.
 
I am excited.  I am doing pretty good in my training- I am up to 4.5 miles.  Now I just need to get to 6.2 by March 3!!!  There are quite a few races going on by my friend Lyndsey, so hopefully we will get to do at least one together!  And my friend Sarah and I are trying to get a relay group together to run the relays in the Hogeye Marathon in Fayetteville in April.  So I can get two medals in two months!  Woo!  My first running medals!  It doesn't matter to me that all finishers get them- I will be proud of myself for finishing!  Who knows- maybe next year I will be able to run the half marathon in the Little Rock Marathon.  I never would have thought of myself as a runner- now I am well on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment