Monday, January 28, 2013

Today.

Today has been a weird day.  It seems like everything that can go wrong has.  Everything at work was wonky- drives where switched up and things were mixed up- just an overall weird day.  I heard some rumors from a pretty reliable source about some office politics, and it kind of freaks me out a little.  Nothing to do with me, but still.   Drama is never good.  I made a protein shake that actually wouldn't have been that bad, except that I overdid it on the SweetN Low.  It was disgusting, and I poured it down the drain.  I ate my lunch for breakfast and so I had to go buy something for lunch.  And as a result- I am probably over my calories for the day.  I decided not to count because I really can't do a lot about it today.{As I am sitting here eating Gobstoppers!  Ha!- I am obviously really concerned.}

I met with my young adult group today at church (and ate a lot of pizza- seems like when you are on a diet, all you can think about is food haha!).  We talked about being spiritually dehydrated and what that may mean in our lives. One guy brought up the fact that even in our conversation tonight, we were talking about how we do different church related things, and they can be for our own benefit, and not to glorify God, even when we mean well.  This hit home with me- not doing things seeking anything for myself, but to give of myself to God.  I mainly listen to Christian music.  Not always, but often.  It puts me in a better mood, and I have an overall positive start to my day when I listen.  There are no cuss words, no questionable lyrics.  Usually that means my language and thoughts are a little better just by concentrating on those things.  But am I doing it for a lift to my day, or to praise the creator?  Not that there is anything wrong with listening to music that I like, I just want to be intentional with my actions.

Speaking of Christian music- this is my favorite right now:

Pinned Image
Source

Anyway, I wasn't planning to post today.  Like I said, it has just been a different kind of day.  I found this on pinterest and I really like it:

Pinned Image
 
My day hasn't even been bad.  But I still think I need to remember this.  I am trying to make a concious effort to count my blessings instead of focusing on the things I don't have.  There are some things that I pray about every. single. night.  So much that I feel like a broken record sometimes.  Things I think I have to have.  But in reality, I'm pretty lucky.  I have a job, a house, family and friends.  I'm on the road to being mostly healthy.  I have the ability to run, even if most of the time I hate it. I don't have any special dietary restrictions like so many others.  I have disposable income.  So many things that so many people wish they had.  And I am trying my best to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment