Monday, February 14, 2011

Fayetteville

On Friday, I decided to make the trip up to Fayetteville to see my friend Lyndsey.  I wan't completely sure about the roads, but obviously I made it just fine.  The interstates were all perfectly clear- and most were practically dry.  The streets in Fayetteville were mostly clear too, except for the neighborhoods.  I must say that I was very impressed by the work of the city of Fayetteville after the snow.  Their roads were better than those in Little Rock, and they got 25 inches, as compared to our 6 inches!  Friday night, we went to eat at Hammontree's, which is a gourmet grilled cheese restaurant.  My kind of place!  :)

Saturday, we went to see the Razorbacks play basketball against LSU.  Luckily, the Hogs won.  I think we were good luck.  Here we are at the game:


Then of course we had to go walk around campus.  This is me in front of Engineering Hall, the building where my department is housed.


And of course, no trip to the UofA is complete without finding your name on the Senior Walk!!
and obviously if you are paying attention, my name is cut out of the picture.  didn't want the weirdos to know my whole name.  :)  I have a picture from last time I was on campus, but this one is much better!  I love how the University engraves its graduates' names in the sidewalks.  I think it is a neat tradition.  I even have a rubbing of my name in my diploma frame that my mom got me when I graduated.

After the game, we went to Target and then to dinner.  It seems like all of Northwest Arkansas was out and about.  Cabin fever had certainly taken over by that point.

Sunday we went to church and then I had to come home since we started back with the Women's Bible study.  This time we are doing Beth Moore's Daniel study.  I hope it will be a good one!




No comments:

Post a Comment