Sunday, December 4, 2011

December is here!

I love December!  There is always something going on and somewhere to go.  I think it is catching up with me a little bit though.  I took a long nap (like after lunch until 4) this afternoon so I think I have time to write a quick post since I am thinking that sleep will not come easily today!

Here's what I've been up to:

Last Tuesday, my friend Shannon had a spare ticket to see Fiddler on the Roof.  I have never seen this before, and really didn't know what it was about, but who would pass up a free ticket?  We had a good time watching the show and catching up.

I have officially completely finished my Christmas shopping.  I have 2 things that I am waiting to ship, but that is it.  I have this amazing wrapping paper, and unfortunately the last few presents were too big for the piece that I have left.  I wrapped one really big present, one fake present for under the tree at my office, and my secret santa present in it, and it is almost gone.  I was hoping to get one more out of it, but I guess I can save the leftovers for next year.

I decorated my office at work.  I left up my tailgate decorations and went with a Razorback Christmas theme.  Here are some pictures:




Please ignore the giant map of Arkansas... that lovely piece of artwork is always gracing my office for those times when I am like you want me to go WHERE?!?   :)


And my silver garland and red ornaments.  I have several Razorback ornaments hanging on there too.

I cooked some 3 bean BBQ chili.  It was so bad that the dog wouldn't even it it.  ha!

I babysat my little brother.  My house is not toddler-proofed at ALL.  That was an experience.  Also, here's my PSA:  if someone says a baby is trying to sleep, do NOT go pick up said baby and start playing with him!! ugh!

My church had a potluck dinner tonight.  I was supposed to bring a dessert (it was split by last name).  I bought a gingerbread man cookie pan last year after Christmas, and so I made this for the potluck.  I don't like gingerbread, so I went with a sugar cookie.  I forgot to take a picture before he was eaten up, but he was super cute!


It has been raining like crazy today!  Better now than when it is freezing I guess.  The forecast is 40 degrees and raining for tomorrow morning.  Gross.  Not a good way to start off a Monday morning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment