Thursday, January 26, 2012

2nd half of January

Y'all.  I am worn out!  The thing is that I haven't really done anything to exciting.  This new work schedule is taking a little bit to get used to, but I am surprised that I have been able to get to work at 7 every day!  It isn't as bad as I thought.  I also changed my alarm tone on my phone to the song "Good Morning" from Mandisa.  That song is fun and always makes me want to dance.  :)

I did some major deep cleaning on my house a while back.  Like I'm pretty sure it hasn't been that clean since I moved in major cleaning.  I spent about 6 hours just in the kitchen and then also some time in other rooms.  I cleaned all the appliances, the floors, walls, blinds, counters, cabinets- anything you could possibly find in the kitchen- I cleaned it.  When I woke up the next day, my right shoulder was SO sore.  At first I thought I had something was seriously wrong with me until I remembered that I cleaned all day the day before. Ha!  I'm having a wedding shower at my house in a couple of weeks and so I wanted to get the deep cleaning out of the way and hopefully I wouldn't have to work as hard right before the shower.

I went to the dentist (no cavities!) and the doctor.  The doctor's appointment was ridiculous.  Well the appointment itself was fine but the wait before and after (I had to wait to check out and then they checked me out and didn't tell me) was incredibly frustrating. 

My Razorbacks have been doing amazing in basketball at home in Bud Walton Arena, and terrible on the road.  I'm a good fan and will watch every game that is on tv, even if it does mean staying up late to watch a disappointing loss.  I don't know if I will get to make it up to Fayetteville for a game this season or not, but I sure would like to!

I made a bunch of recipes that I found on Pinterest.  The first was the chicken enchilada crock pot soup.  It was great!  Here a (not very good) picture:

I made the Olive Garden knock-off dressing.  It was not exactly the same and had a whole bunch of ingredients.  It think for this one, I'd rather just go to Olive Garden. :)

I made some s'mores cookies.  They were pretty good too.


Then- the bad one.  I attempted to make a rocky road crock pot cake.  This is how it turned out:



It was still liquid WAY after it should have been done.  Let's just say it was a big waste of money, as not one single bite of it was eaten.

Now completely unrelated... I had a permit I was working on at the office, and the contact person was named PJ.  That got me thinking back to when I was a little kid and I had a PJ Sparkles doll.  And then I was asking around my office and not one single person knew what PJ Sparkles was??!?!?!

And funny story.  Ok maybe not so funny but anyway, this is my blog and I'm going to tell it.  This morning I had my hands full of my travel mug of coffee, a box for the recycling bin, and the invitations to the bridal showing I'm hosting in February.  Well, I was trying to be a good roommate since I am the first one to leave.  I tried to go to the garage without turning on any lights.  That was a good plan- until I walked right smack into the wall NEXT to the doorway.  Wall-1, Jessica-0.   Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow- or use the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment