Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful- Voting!

Obviously today is election day.  I am thankful that I live in a country in which all citizens have the right to vote.  I am also thankful for those who fought for the right to vote for women!  I did not vote in the last presidential election.  I don't really feel that who the president is greatly affects my daily life.  I'm not on government assistance, and I don't make millions of dollars.  However, a couple of my coworkers made me feel like a bad American for not voting.  So I looked up the candidates, and did some research.  Today was my first time to vote in a polling place.  I voted in the 2004 election when I was in college- but it was absentee.

I am disappointed in many of my facebook friends because of some really hateful comments.  I believe that we can disagree and still be respectful.  Granted, some of the people running for office may be idiots, and may have said inappopriate things, but I just hate how rude so many people are being.  The whole election process always ends up so negative.  I would much prefer to hear why I should vote for someone, instead of nasty remarks about why I should not vote for someone.

And no matter who wins today, I like this quote that I saw floating around the internet.  If only we could remember this:

No comments:

Post a Comment