Monday, August 23, 2010

Walking in Memphis

This past weekend was a busy one!  It was Bid Day at the University of Arkansas, and I really wanted to go up to meet my new sisters at Alpha Delta Pi, but it just didn't work out.  I ended up going to Memphis with Karen, Ashley, and Shannon.  We had a great time.  We all met up to leave from Karen's house, and on the way there a piece of my car that has been loose recently decided to blow off when I was driving down the interstate.  Luckily I don't think it is an important part.  :)  My brother said the only thing that might happen is that it might leak around the door, but my car leaks anyway, so who cares?  haha.

Once we got to Memphis, we went to lunch at Huey's.  We shared these fried pickles:
Don't worry, all that grease is good for you.  :)

I had a plain old turkey sandwich for lunch, but it was good!


We did a little shopping, and then went back to the hotel.  Nothing eventful happened at this time.  Our room was not quite ready, so we went and soaked up some sun at the pool.  I got my hair a little wet and of course it was curly, so Ashley decided to make my hair curly for our evening out.  It was very strange for me to see my hair curly.  One time when I was washing my hands in the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself out of the corner of my eye, and I thought "wow something is wrong with my hair."  hahaha.

After swimming, we went back to the room and got ready for dinner.  We went to Rendezvous and this is what I ate:


Here we are at the restaurant (mainly because I can't have only pictures of food in this post. haha.):

After dinner, we went down to Beale Street.  We spent most of our time at BB King's with the old folks. :)  We also went to Coyote Ugly, and I must say that is not really my style..... but there were lots of boys there!
We didn't stay out too late since we are old farts.  We got up Sunday morning and went to breakfast at Cockadoo's .  Three of us got Cockawatts.  The waitress told us it tasted like a smore, but let me tell you, I love smores, and this did not taste like a smore. : )

I had blueberry pancakes (which you will not see because I ate every. last. bite.) and sweet potato hashbrowns, which were not my favorite.

This picture was taken after I was done... so you can tell how much I liked them.

And here I am in front of the restaurant:

Except that you have to turn your head sideways to look at it.  Apparently I am stupid because I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures.  So if one of you lovely blog readers would educate me on proper blog picture insertion methods that would be wonderful.   (so that next time I don't look so dumb!)

We had a good time, and then when we got back, I went to help prepare/serve food at a local soup kitchen.  Our church is one of several that take turns.  We had sloppy joes, salad, beans, fruit, potatoes, and cake.  I think everyone liked it.  I had a good time and I will try to do this next time that our church is on the schedule.

1 comment:

  1. hey girl! download windows live writer to write you blogs. It is sooo much easier and makes it easier to upload pics and edit them and everything! if you have questions, ask!

    ReplyDelete