Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why can't every day be a vacation day?

I took Tuesday off to relax after the horrible torture that is known as Corporate Strategy.   (And P.S. our grades were supposed to be posted today, and instead our teacher decided not to turn in our grades on time.  Are you kidding me?  I know he doesn't like me, so I think he is trying to give me a heart attack). I slept 11 hours on Monday night, and didn't rush around to do anything.

I ate lunch at Moe's with my mom and brother.  Normally this is a wonderful experience.  However, the one time we are in somewhat of a hurry, the tortilla warmer breaks and we have to wait forever.  It was still good, and of course I still ate way too much.

I went and had a massage to relax my tense muscles from typing so much over the past 5 weeks.  It wasn't the best massage I've ever had, but it sure was better than nothing!  While I was gone, my brother went over to our cousin's house and dug up some bushes that she didn't want anymore, and I came home to this:


Yay for bushes!  I have been wanting to put some bushes here since I moved in, but I haven't been able to pick any out.  These were FREE, so my decision was made!!!  I realize that they are half dead, but hopefully I can do a better job of keeping these alive than my sod.  It probably wasn't the best time of year to do these things to my front yard, but it looks much better!

I also tackled a large amount of my favorite household chore:


LAUNDRY!

Is it weird that I like to do laundry?  If I had to choose a chore to do, this would definitely be it.  Now if I could only develop a love for other chores....

I also did one new thing yesterday- I made some deoderant.  I ran across a recipe on someone's blog a while back (sorry, I can't remember who) and I thought that it might be fun to make my own.  The consistency is a little runny, and I haven't tried it out yet, but I think that will have to be it's own blog post.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment