Thursday, October 21, 2010

So bored

I am so bored at work today.   Yesterday I had about 10 minutes of work to do, and today I have none.  You might think that is awesome, but really it is just boring.  Every now and again it is ok, but not all the time.  I hope that my next job is a little more exciting.  Don't worry- it is common knowledge around the office that I am looking for a new job upon my upcoming December graduation.  :)  It is not a secret. ha.

So not much has happened around here.  I did finally cook something at home.  I made this recipe that I got a really long time ago on Kelly's blog during a favorite recipes link-up.  Her's definitely looked better.  And please excuse the seasoning burnt on the side of the pan... I forgot to add it before I put it in the oven, and when I tried to put it on without taking out the dish, I got lemon pepper seasoning everywhere.

It was super easy and pretty good.  Just olive oil, salt, pepper, lemons, green beans, potatoes, chicken, and lemon pepper seasoning.  I am glad I finally cooked something so that I don't have to eat out of the cafeteria every day. 

I also made some cupcakes for my Wednesday night kids.
Now, I am an avid reader of Cake Wrecks, and I know that they always make fun of chocolate icing swirled like that because it looks like a pile of poo.  SO in my defense, I only had 30 minutes, and frankly, I didn't care.  :)  The cupcakes were delicious even if they did look like crap. (ha.)  They were chocolate and the ones on the left had cream cheese icing that I colored orange and they have Halloween sprinkles, and the ones on the right had chocolate buttercream icing with candy corn on top (obviously).  I think they were a hit, considering we had 5 kids, and none of the cupcakes made it home.

That is really all I have to share today.  Obviously both my work and personal lives have been very boring this week!!

1 comment: