Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Full Weekend

Friday night was my Sunday School class Christmas Party.  You have already seen my glittery outfit for that occasion. haha.  I made a mandarin almond salad that was way more trouble than it was worth.  I even melted a spoon when I was making it.

Saturday was very busy.  First I babysat my littlest brother and sister while a Christmas tree was bought and assembled for their house.  Then the sister and I went for a short trip of delivering fundraiser items that had just come in.  I got some really cute cupcake wrapping paper- well, actually I got 2 rolls of that paper because my mom unknowingly bought me the same paper from another kid.  Then we went to the most awesome place ever for lunch- McDonalds PlayPlace. Ha- That place drives me crazy but it is free entertainment at its finest!  Then we did some shopping for some goody bags for my Wednesday night 5th and 6th graders since tonight is our Christmas party.  The bags are super cute, but I forgot to take a picture of them.  Too bad all that cuteness will be wasted on kids who really only want the candy inside.  :)  Then we went to see the move Tangled in 3D.  It was very cute!  Normally I don't care for 3D movies since they hurt my eyes with too much running around, but this time it seemed to be ok.  Both of us liked the movie, and the movie theater was PACKED.  Then we went home and played SSX Tricky on XBOX which is leftover from when my oldest little brother was little.  The poor game is almost worn out.  It is a snowboarding game, and it is not too bad.  My sister would play it for hours on end if we let her.  Then we tried to make cookies, but I didn't have any eggs, so we had to run to Target.  By the time we got home, there wasn't enough time to make the cookies, so we just had dinner and I took her home.  After I dropped her off, I had to make the cookies myself to take to church the next day.

Sunday I played handbells and flute in our two traditional services at church.  I don't think it went too badly.  there was one song that was pretty bad in the 2nd service, but overall I think it was ok.  Then I went to eat lunch with my mom and grandma at Chilis.  Then Sunday afternoon was my church's Christmas kids event, called Cookies and Milk.  I had to be Mary with my littlest brother as baby Jesus in the Live Nativity.  Basically we just sat there for 2 hours and let people look at us.  :)  The event was very well attended and there were lots of fun activities such as ornament making, cookie decorating, and even real horse drawn carriage rides.

Monday night my bell choir played at an assisted living center for the residents.  It was not our best performance, but hopefully they enjoyed it.  The facility was much nicer than I was expecting.

I am still fighting off some kind of sickness, but it seems to be going away.  Hopefully I will be 100% before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment