Monday, April 9, 2012

Up From the Grave He Arose!

Y'all- that is my favorite Easter song ever and we did not sing it yesterday!  As a result my sister and I spent about 3 hours yesterday singing it... and I've had it stuck in my head since then.

Completely unrelated to most of this random post.

I made some spinach pea risotto the other day.  It was ok.  I probably won't make it again.


My sister didn't want to eat dinner, so I served it up snack style and it was gone lickety split.


I did not win in my NCAA bracket tournament.  Sad day.  Ohio State- you let me down.

I made a Greek layered dip- similar to a seven layer dip- for a retirement party at the office.  It was also ok.  There have not been very many culinary masterpieces from my kitchen lately.

Some stupid squirrels ate the wires to our air conditioner and it was 90 degrees in my office the other day.  We don't have windows that open, and it was so hot!  It looked like hillbilly nation in there...  I had my pants rolled up like Huckleberry Finn, my hair pulled into a ponytail, and no socks.  The guys with dress shirts on were walking around in undershirts.  It was disturbing.  It's a good thing I didn't have any meetings scheduled that day.

I bought this bird shirt at Old Navy, and I had someone tell me it looked like keys and someone else say it looked like chicken legs.  Random.


I found out that you can regrow green onions by putting the white part in water in a window and it can grow indefinitely.  I figured that it couldn't hurt.  This picture was about 3 days in.  Now they are about 3 times that tall!

I got this creepy fortune at a Chinese buffet that now is affectionally called the Magic Trees.  It looks to me that the restaurant had some random concrete support posts in the dining area, and just turned them into random trees inside the building.  It is weird.  But whatever.

It was a busy weekend.  Friday after work I got to see my friend Lyndsey and her family.  We took Graham for a walk and had a nice little chat.  Saturday morning was the Easter children's festival at my church.  It was fun and then I went to lunch and Walmart with my dad and stepmom. haha!  Exciting stuff.  Then I went to my grandmother's house for Easter dinner with my mom's side of the family.  My favorite thing to eat there was asparagus casserole.  yum!  Sunday morning we played handbells (5 songs) in two services and then I had to hurry home to finish the Twix cake I was making to take to lunch at my other grandmother's house.  The Twix cake was also just ok.  I think it was just too much.  The crust was shortbread cookies, then a brownie layer, then a caramel layer, and then a chocolate layer.  I came home and went to bed at 4:45 pm!  I was worn out!  Also a family at my church bought an Easter lily in honor of me.  That was so sweet and I definitely was not expecting that!  It's the little things that mean the most.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you, friend! I hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete