Sunday, December 8, 2013

Another attempt to catch up...

I am still iced in my house... 66 hours and counting of being cooped up in this house by myself. I am so over it. 

My friend Lyndsey and I ran the Cancer Challenge 10k in Bentonville in June. It was hot. And I ran slow- but I was not last and that is all that matters to me. :)



I left from NWA, and went straight to meet my family at the lake in Missouri. I had a terribly stressful drive. The tire light came on in my car and I freaked out. I stopped to check the tire pressure and my tire gauge blew apart and I couldn't find all the pieces.  So, I had to go buy a new one, and the pressure was fine, but I was still worked up. Luckily I made it to the lake with no problems. The light that came on was just for maintenance because the car dealer forgot to change the indicator when I got my tires rotated. This was my stress-eating on the drive:


We carved a shark out of our watermelon. 


I went shopping at the outlet mall, and my snow cone came in a Chinese take out box? That is a first. :)


I made this cake for my family. I don't really like it, but it is their favorite. I don't get in the lake, or really like fishing. So, I spent most of my time cooking. 


This was my favorite thing I made! Watermelon cookies for the 4th of July. I especially like the one that looks like it has a bite out of it. Ha!


We had a cactus dog competition. You are looking at the two time champion. Ha. A cactus dog is where you take a hot dog and cut it with a knife and then boil it. The idea is for it to look like a cactus when it is done. 


I volunteered at Vacation Bible School and got to wear this awesome outfit. 


Remember when I won that competition at the Museum of Discovery? My sister and I made this lemon clock (my prize). 


We have almost made it through the summer. Next up- my class reunion. 









No comments:

Post a Comment