Friday, December 27, 2013

Halloween and Soaring Wings

This year I had a hard time coming up with a good Halloween costume.  I loved my costume last year (Honey Boo Boo) so much that I was having trouble thinking of something to top it. Considering my love of reality tv, one of my coworkers suggested that I dress up as Michelle Duggar. 


It was fun, but still some people didn't know who I was. Also, I have never worn a baby carrier before, and I didn't expect how hard it was to eat, etc. I am glad that my office allows us to dress up. Here is a picture of some of my coworkers. 


Also in October, my friend Elizabeth and I ran our first half marathon- the Soaring Wings Half Marathon in Conway. We trained a very hilly course, and we were well prepared. The thing we didn't prepare for was the cold. All of our training was so hot, and this race was freezing cold! We were having minor aches and pains, until about halfway when Elizabeth really got hurt.  We were able to finish, but much slower than we could have done, and we did not meet our goal.   Here we are before and after:


Since we didn't meet our goal, we decided that we needed a do-over. We are training right now for the Little Rock Half Marathon in March. Hopefully we will improve our time a little. I don't really care that much, as long as we are not last. :)

Now I am only 2 months behind! Ha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment