Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I have been lacking in the blogging motivation lately!  I feel like I still have not recovered from my super busy weekend.

Friday night, my Sunday School class had a girls night.  We went to eat at Macaroni Grill and then everyone came back to my house to hang out.  Some of the girls even made some coasters with my leftover materials.  I am glad to get some of that stuff used, since apparently when I bought the supplies, I intended on making coasters for everyone that I have ever met.  :)  I still have about 30 tiles left, so if anyone needs any, let me know.

Saturday morning started out bright and early with a trip to Lows Bridal in Brinkley, AR to look at wedding dresses with Cherry.  She tried on some really beautiful things, but I think her heart is still set on this one from David's Bridal.  I wish she would have chosen my favorite!  :)  Then we made a short side trip and then had to get back to Little Rock because our friend Louisa who came with us had to get back to work.  Then Cherry, Stacy and I went to my fav restaurant, Pei Wei, for lunch.  I even branched out to try a new thing, but I think it is not as good as my old stand by, Pei Wei Spicy chicken.  At least I tried something new.  I was proud of myself haha.

Then on Saturday afternoon, we had a joint birthday party for my brother and dad.  I had to run and pick up the pottery that my sister painted for our dad on the way to the party and wrap it in the car.  It turns out that a chip was knocked out of it when they were firing it or whatever, but it still turned out cute.  I was too rushed to notice in the car.  Then we went out to eat after the party, and they chose Macaroni Grill.  Seriously I ate there two nights in a row.  Good thing I like fettuccini alfredo.  :)  My aunt and uncle also gave me a bed that they don't want any more, so my brother and I had to move it from their house to mine after dinner.  I just put it in storage for now, since all of the rooms have a bed.  But my roommate has her own furniture, so whenever she moves out, I will need another bed.

Sunday morning I went to church and then had a quick pizza lunch with my sister, and said goodbye to my brother who was going back to college.  Then I went to Stone Soup, which is a soup kitchen ministry put on by many of the Methodist churches in the area, who take turns serving the meal at Quapaw Quarter UMC.  My church has the 4th Sunday of every other month, and I try to go as often as possible.  We always have a good time.  This time we made chicken and dressing and fruit salad, and fruit and cake.  We served 114 people, so we had a good turnout.  Then I went straight from Stone Soup to the Bible study that I help lead at my church.

It was a good, but very busy weekend!  Today happens to be the birthday of 3 people in my family!  I hope the basketball Hogs pull out a win in honor of their special day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment