Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rainy Weekend

This weekend has been very wet!

Friday night I went to the Greek Food Festival with my mom despite the rain.  I had a falafel and a Greek salad and of course some baklava and butter cookies.  The pastries are the best part.  Also (and completely unrelated) I went to Walgreens looking for some OPI shatter nailpolish.  They didn't have it, but I did get some Riverfest tickets.  I eventually found the nailpolish at JCPenney.  I didn't do a superb job though.  I think I used too much shatter and too light of a color underneath.  Hopefully next time will be better.

Saturday, a miracle happened and I slept untill 11:00.  That has not happened in forever and I was so thankful.  Then I went to a birthday party for my cousin and my sister came home with me to spend the night.  I decided to try out a new recipe for cottage cheese pancakes.  They were not spectacular.  I also tried to make some homemade vanilla pudding.  Another failure.  So I had a box of brownie mix that was supposed to be for people with all these allergies so it was nut free and egg free, and apparently taste free.  Failure #3.  I suffered through the pancakes, and my sister had cheerios, marshmallows, and pickles for dinner.  Classy.

This morning, we went to church and then we were supposed to go to the Greek Food Festival again with our friends.  It was raining, so everyone ditched us.  By the time we got outside though, the rain had stopped so we decided to go anyway.  We rode the trolley from our church and we were the only ones.  We ate and watched the little Greek dancing kids, and then decided to walk back to the church instead of riding the trolley.  Stupid.  Then we went to a birthday party at a local amusement park.  It was hot and humid.  Welcome to summer I guess.  Then I went to church to meet a potential new youth minister.  At about 8pm I realized that I forgot to cook anything for dinner.  I tried to make a frozen pizza.   Failure #4, unless you like burnt pizza.  It was a bad weekend to be eating at my house.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment