Saturday, March 17, 2012

A few randoms and a wedding

I have become addicted to pinterest.  It's my new favorite place to find recipes.  I found this one where you shape cinnamon rolls like hearts before you bake them.  Mine could have used a more distinct point at the bottom, but they still tasted great.


Thursday night before Cherry's wedding, there was a storm and the power went out.  I went out and wandered around Target (because- you know, they have a light in their bathroom and all that) and when I couldn't find anything else to look at, I drove through Chick-fil-A and got dinner.  A smart person would have stayed at the restaurant and eaten their dinner where they could actually see their food, but I didn't think about that until I was already at home.  So- I had a romantic candlelight/flashlight dinner by myself in the floor of my bedroom.  Ha!  And if you know me at all, you know that I like to eat with operating room style lighting- I like to see what I'm eating, so this was not super awesome for me.


Friday night we had the wedding rehearsal.  The actual wedding wasn't until Sunday but someone else was getting married on Saturday so we couldn't have the room then obviously.  I made Cherry a ridiculously tacky rehearsal bouquet.  She asked me if the white thing was a loofah.   Seriously- who puts a loofah in a bow bouquet?  It was made of all bows from her shower and bachelorette party presents, along with a plate and napkin from her shower.


Since her wedding colors were red and gold, we had a hard time coming up with something blue for her to wear.  I found this cute idea on pinterest, and one of the other bridesmaids did this for her on the day of the wedding when we were getting ready.


I saw lots of old friends!  And I didn't get to take a lot of pictures because I was busy running around doing miscellaneous things, so I can't wait to see the pictures that the photographer took!


She had a wardrobe change halfway through the reception (of course when I was finally trying to eat some cake) and I snapped this picture of us in the hotel room.


I caught the bouquet.  Funny story.  So all the girls were so hesitant to try to catch the bouquet.  We practically had to drag everyone up there.  And then I was telling people- I'm gonna fight for this bouquet so get ready!  haha!  So she throws it and it goes really high in the air.  I tried to jump and catch it and totally missed and it hit me right in the face!  I hope the photographer got a picture of that and doesn't think I would be offended because I think that is so funny and totally something that would happen to me.  AND- then the do the garter thing, and guess who catches it- my ex-boyfriend who was the best man.  I was the maid of honor and I told her that whenever I get married, I'm having all of her ex-boyfriends in my wedding party.  :)


This is me and my friend Louisa re-enacting the bouquet toss.  And I look like I have zombie eyes and she was totally trying to hit me in the face.  We had a crazy time- and all I had to drink was Coke and sparkling white grape juice (not together- that is gross).


Here's me with the newlyweds!
  And the messy cake table- not sure how we got it so dirty!


We had a fun time and everything went perfectly.  Well- except that my face was twitching the whole time from when I started walking down the aisle until the wedding was over.  I hope I don't look crazy in all the pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment