Monday, September 6, 2010

Blog Slacker and Fake Illness

So much has happened since I wrote my last post that I think it will have to be done in a couple of different posts.  I think for this one I will stick to Wednesday-Friday.

Wednesday I wasn't feeling really great in the afternoon, so I took my temperature at work (yes I am a hypochondriac and carry a thermometer in my purse.  I also have a blood pressure meter.  So what??) and it said I had a low fever, so I decided to go home so I didn't infect anyone else.  I did decide to make the stuffed mushrooms and I got lots of compliments on them.  (I'll post the recipe at the bottom of the post.)  Then on Thursday morning, I took my temperature at home before work and it was normal, so I went in.  After lunch I took my temp again out of curiosity and it was high again, so I went home early again.  It was high on Friday morning, so I called in sick then too.  Then I was curious so I found another thermometer in my house and compared the results.... One told me that I have a fever, and the other was exactly normal.  I forgot to take a picture, but I just took one so you can see the difference.  (they are not acurate as I am drinking some juice now)

The blue one is the one I was using in the beginning, and it has been consistently reading higher than the white one. lol.  I haven't been feeling bad so I think the blue one just reads too high.... so all this time I thought I was sick, I really wasn't. ha!

Friday night I went to Loca Luna with some friends to celebrate Ashley and Andrea's birthday.  We had a good time!
Me and one of the birthday girls!  Forgot to take a picture with Andrea...
The whole table.

We ended our meal with dessert... 3 of us all got the same thing.  It wasn't as good as it sounded, but I liked it. 

Now for the Mushroom Recipe:

Triple Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
2 lbs white mushrooms
10oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt

Clean mushroom caps; remove and discard stems.
In case you were wondering, 2lbs of mushrooms is a lot!  I took them to 3 parties!


In colander, squeeze liquid out of spinach until dry.  In large bowl, mix spinach, feta, cream cheese, green onions, and salt until well combined.  Fill each mushroom with spinach mixture; top with Parmesan.  Transfer to pan, bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and filling is golden brown.

These were not hard to make at all, and everyone liked them!  My grandmother even requested that I bring them again to our next get together. 

The rest of the long weekend may come tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. haha...You little faker!! Just kidding! :) Cute story. :)

    ReplyDelete