Monday, September 27, 2010

Nashville

This weekend I went to Nashville for Laura's Bachelorette party.  I had a good time and I am so freaking exhausted.  :)

We left my house around 9ish on Friday night and started our drive to Nashville.  We had to leave so late because we were waiting on some of the other girls to get in from Fayetteville so that we could all ride together.  The car ride really was not that bad since we talked most of the way.  We got to bed around 4 am on Saturday morning and then got up and went shopping.  We made it back in time to watch the second half of the sad Alabama vs. Arkansas game where we were ahead until the very end when we lost it.  It was sad.  Then we went to eat at a Mexican place in Nashville called Lime.  It was good.  I had a Chipotle Chicken Chimichanga or something like that.  Here's a picture of me and the bride to be before dinner.
Then we went back to Desi's house for games and presents and cake and a lot of foolishness.  : )  After that we went out on the town in downtown Nashville.  So, for the second night in a row we got to bed after 4.  That is hard on an old lady who goes to bed by 10 every night. ha!  Here are Lauren, me, and Desi at Cadillac Ranch.


The original plan was to get up early Sunday morning and try to be on the road by noon.  That obviously did not happen.....  We got up around 11ish I think and we went over to Vanderbilt to see Desi's husband for a minute.  While we were there I took my picture with this random statue.

Please excuse the crazy hair.  haha that's what happens when you go to bed with wet hair.  I don't have any idea who that dude was, but I thought he was neat looking.

Then we went back to Dillards to get something really fast that they were holding for us, and then went to eat at the Pancake Pantry.  I had some crazy southwest pancakes with green chiles and bacon in them.  This place had a crazy long line too, so we went shopping while Desi held our place in line. yay!  Although I didn't buy anything.  I got home about 9 something last night, but I was so tired that I couldn't sleep.  I hate it when that happens.  So I caught up on all the drama on Facebook and whatnot.  Apparently I was really tired because today I woke up 15 minutes after I was supposed to be leaving for work.  Oops.  Good thing I took a shower last night.  I was able to get to work only 30 minutes late because the traffic was much better at 8:30 than at rush hour.  Who would have thought?

2 comments:

  1. You weren't that far away from me when you were in Nashville! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time! Wish I could have been there! :)

    ReplyDelete